Followers

Wednesday 25 July 2012

MY COSY DEN

                                                          MY COSY DEN


           “Some guys rush to many parts of the world to know about the world… but I say, first know about yourself and you can know even better about the world… And if there’s any place that made me know about myself and what I am, it’s my little cosy den, my Room!



              It has been my best friend for ten years and has taught me things worth to live for a life time. I took my room for my world and thus everything outside it is a matter of curiosity, a matter of study and a matter of wonder to me,… even a twig that dries away in the garden, I can see from my window or even the slightest tickle, the breeze makes on my cheek, that billows in through the window!


          I got toys here, though lifeless, made my life by being the best company. The books on my shelves, the most patient friends ever. They never change, but give new and innovating ideas every other time I go through them. And every bit of my room is precious to me. There’s Winnie, the Pooh sleeping on the walls, Cinderella welcoming people at the door and Snow white on my ward robe… And there’s this Prince in my heart! Why will I ever dream of visiting ‘Disney Land’ then?!



          Some queer bugs and bees bustle into my den now and then… I fight them! Sometimes I dress up like a lady knight or a ninja and perform all funky and scary stunts over the mosquito-net iron frame work! The best action movie ever! Why will I ever dream of Hollywood again?! I cry and sometimes it rains, reminding me that someone’s there to share my sorrows. Though it doesn’t rain every time I cry, raining now and then sure means it did exist even when it didn’t rain too! The best hope ever!





       And what not, the sun rises on me, blipping through the leaves of a shady tree… The kooing koel adds glory to the moments! At dusk, I stand at the window enjoying each sip of hot coffee, probing each corner of all that I could see through my thoughts, born from the wafting aroma of my coffee. And if it’s on a rainy evening, no words to express the bliss! The best moments ever!


           Though most of the times, my room is shut to the rest of my home, it sure is open to the rest of the world. I’m home not when I’m home, but when I’m in my room! I walk like a clock work doll, collect things on the floor and clean it up. Take a pillow and dust my bed away…real time for a peaceful sleep! And then with my cheeks kissing the soft and silky, satin pillows, cuddling and snuggling in the blankets I see the Vanilla-ice cream ball in the sky with a mysterious blend of darkness around, playing peek-a-boo with me through the swaying trees… The best lullaby ever!


      

        Then, I wink twice or thrice and slowly make it to another world... only to dream my love and see that it comes true. One day I'll be surprised to see that I woke up with my head on my Prince's shoulders. There's a spark in my eyes and I see a want in his eyes!      How can I ever afford to dream these if it wasn't for my li'l cosy den?!......."



                    “Oh, I love to live there…                       

                            in my little cosy den!                     

                     And on earth, there’s nowhere…                      

                            rather, I could think of going when!!



 

     It’s a heaven’s microcosm…

           and my caring mother!

     Whenever my heart’s on a spasm…

           I long and rush is hither!!

 

People rush to many parts…

  of the world to see many things!

  But my den has shown me many arts…

  and my world to which my heart clings!!







It’s door may be shut or open…

  breeze may billow into it or not!

   But as I sit here, my thoughts deepen...

         into matters which break my trouble clot!!






               Books on shelves & clothes in wardrobes…

                          Toys on bed and clock on wall!

                And many more things which my heart probes

  Even in my fancies! Oh, it’s a cure all!”





My Prince!

Regards... K J Sudhira Spurthi.

3 comments:

  1. Life has many shades and angles... Seems you have seen them all, every bit of them!
    U are the rarest of the rarest, sweetest of the sweetest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't told you that you have the ability to express abstruse feelings through words and lines.I just felt them while reading your post.
    muy impresionante :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u Sagar... But don't u see it's obvious too that u are the best commentator with beautiful lines with a tinge of poetry...?
    Thank u once again!

    ReplyDelete